Support in R&D of Assistive Technology for the Disabled
This incentive program encourages R&D of unique technological solutions for people with special needs, in order to improve their quality of life and better integrate them into society, the community, and the labor market. These developments benefit people with special needs, making them net contributors to society and the state.
Goal of the incentive program:
To support the development of technological solutions designed to ease the lives of people with special needs and to help them integrate into society and the labor market.
Who is the incentive program for?
Israeli companies and nonprofit organizations interested in developing technologies that serve groups with physical, mental or cognitive disabilities, who collectively represent 0.25% -5% of the population.
What do you get?
- Nonprofits receive support of 85% of the approved expenses for R&D, with no repayment of royalties.
- Commercial companies receive support of 65% of the approved budget as a conditional grant.
- The conditional grant is provided for a period of up to two years, up to a total of NIS 600,000 a year.
Why should you apply for this incentive program?
Support at a higher rate than usual: R&D projects in this incentive program are supported by the Authority at a higher rate than usual.
Exemption from royalty repayment for NGOs: Nonprofit organizations are exempt from paying royalties to the Authority, as usually set in most of the incentive programs it offers.
How to apply?
- Prior to application for support, please carefully read the complete list of conditions, as detailed on the Authority’s website.
- Fill out the online forms available on the website and submit them together with the required documents.
- In addition, print and sign the declaration and authorization form and send by mail.
For additional information, please contact:
Societal Challenges Division
Further information on the Israel Innovation Authority website: Support in Research and Development of Assistive Technology for the Disabled