Global Enterprise R&D Collaboration Program
Connecting foreign multinational corporations (MNCs) and innovative Israeli companies.
Goal of the incentive program:
To enable small and medium Israeli companies to establish relationships with MNCs and take part in their technological and marketing activities. Encourages networking and strategic cooperation between the two sides.
Who is the incentive program for?
- Israeli technology companies, especially startups and young and innovative companies, engaged in R&D and interested in paving their way to new markets and business channels in Israel and abroad.
- Multinational corporations from all sectors and countries with annual revenues of over USD 2 billion, with significant investment in R&D and with worldwide presence, that are interested in identifying relevant Israeli companies and working with them on joint R&D projects.
What do you get?
- Israeli companies receive a conditional grant of 20%-50% of the development budget approved by the Research Committee of the Authority.
- Israeli companies receive assistance and support from the MNC in the form of consulting, services and resources.
- Israeli companies may keep their intellectual property (IP) or share the ownership of it with the MNC, or provide the MNC with a non-exclusive license to use the new knowledge through an agreement between the project partners.
- The MNC receives services such as scouting for possible partners and IP rights in the new projects (see above). In addition, the MNC is informed of the due diligence results of the Israeli partner companies.
Incentive program conditions:
- Company must finance 50% to 80% of the R&D budget/
- The agreement signed between the parties to regulate the rights to the intellectual property will be subject to the R&D Law and the terms of the incentive program.
- Please carefully read the complete list of conditions, which specify the rights and obligations of the applying companies, as detailed on the Authority’s website.
How to apply?
- Fill out the online application forms available on the website, according to the company size, the required budget and the instructions set out therein.
- In addition to the submission of the online application, a declaration and authorization form should be printed out, signed and sent by mail.
- MNCs that are conducting projects with Israeli companies under this framework should fill out a Statement of Assistance.
For additional information, please contact:
International Collaboration Division
Further information on the Israel Innovation Authority website: Global Enterprise Collaboration Program