Early Stage Incentive Program
The Early Stage Incentive Program is designed for startup companies seeking to develop and promote an innovative technological project, as well as penetrate the market by raising investments from the private sector.
The incentive program offers three sub-programs: standard program, minorities program, and orthodox program. Approval by the Authority serves as a significant springboard for companies in raising investments from the private sector.
Goal of the Incentive program:
To provide an incentive for private investments in early stage companies in product development and initial market penetration.
Who is the incentive program for?
- New Israeli startup companies
- The incentive program offers preferential terms to companies held by minority/orthodox entrepreneurs.
What do you get?
- The conditional grant provided under the Early Stage standard sub-program is 50% of the approved budget (60% for companies operating in preferred development regions and 75% for companies operating in the area surrounding the Gaza Strip) with a maximum grant of NIS 5,000,000 for a period of up to two years.
- The conditional grant provided under the Early Stage Companies minorities/orthodox sub-programs is 85% of the approved budget, with a maximum grant of NIS 2,000,000. The companies participating in these incentive programs can apply for continuation in the standard sub-program, with a maximum cumulative grant of NIS 5,000,000 for a cumulative period of up to two years.
- The company receiving the committee’s approval of the project will be given the opportunity to raise the complementary funding needed for the project, up to six months after the date of approval.
Why should you apply for this incentive program?
Assistance during the establishment stages: The incentive program allows startup companies to overcome the difficulties in raising funds from the private sector.
Quality mark support: Support from the Authority is provided following a comprehensive professional assessment of the project, which serves as a mark of quality for companies in the industry in Israel and abroad. It also makes it easier for the company to raise private investment down the road.
Positive signal to investors: The possibility of mobilizing supplementary funding for up to six months after the approval of the project helps companies in their efforts to raise investments in the early stages of operation.
How to apply?
- The application is carried out according to the application procedures set forth by the Authority, as detailed on its website.
- Prior to application, please review the list of binding conditions for grant recipients in a relevant incentive program, as detailed on the Authority’s website.